Highlights of the week:
*We have been extra busy in all the sites, it is still Pageant and there are so many people in town.
*Dawn sent me her new DVD-Rethreaded- and I watched it with S/Hanson, and then gave it to her. She was so thrilled! and couldn't believe it. The we went to the "King Follett" vignette at the groves together. The young man who plays Joseph Smith did an excellent job, and was a very powerful speaker.
*I started getting a tickle in my throat, and as the week progressed, so did the cough.
*This is Greg, not after a rainstorm, but after working outside in Pioneer Pastimes. The back was even worse.
*We celebrated our anniversary on our P-day by doing a temple session, (wonderful) and I want to make a quilt like the stained glass window in the top ceiling of the celestial room. Am I missing my fabric and don't even know it? We also went out to eat in Keokuk at the "Wooden Nickel". It was one of the best meals we have had here. *Greg's best joke for Pioneer day: "We get to dress up like pioneers today because it is Pioneer Day." Ha, it is always Pioneer day in Nuavoo!
*Another reason I like working Tickets and Tours: The YPM's stand above us on the balcony and sing a couple of songs before they start each of the shows.
*We were "on call" for Sunday, and ended up getting called to serve in Land and Records. One family came and made 20 CD's. That was quite a production with team work. I also read some history of Edmond Durfee by his daughter, how he was murdered by a mob in Nauvoo times. It really was a scary time in our history.*At church I had a coughing fit and had to leave, which is how Heidi Riddoch found me. She followed me out and visited in the hall for a few minutes.
*We had our district meeting with us as leaders, and it went well. At least we assigned the right person refreshments: the VanDams supplied strawberry shortcake.
*When we walk in the mornings, we are always stopping to take lots of pictures. I took this one by the river, and the blooms really are beautiful. Hard to see it well here.
*We had to close Pioneer Pastimes early when it was 96 degrees with 58% humidity. One little girl came up just as it was all put away, and her mom said this was the one thing she was excited to do, but that they could come back in the morning. *I had a coughing fit while conducting the preparation meeting one morning, and Greg had to jump in and finish for me. But at least I got through Abigail without even one cough, thank you very much.


No comments:
Post a Comment