Thursday, October 14, 2010

New Camera

Friday, Sept. 24,
Greg is enjoying the new camera he bought himself for his birthday. He captured the full moon rising one evening.He went to the barn for a while today, just for the experience. He wants to do it all, and that includes being a teamster. That could be our ticket back some day, he thinks!
Here is a close-up of his bowl. Very beautiful, I think.
There is a very small "museum" in Bentonsport. It is a room full of creations of woodwork and arrowheads.
This man has spent many years finding arrowheads, and making these displays.
We served at Carthage from 11:30 until 5:00. It is a privilege to be there. I took two tours of five adults in each tour. These included a couple from England, a young man from Provo, another couple from Utah, two ladies who were friends of Jeppesons, and a grandma taking her turn without kids. Both of these tours were very spiritual. It is a joy to share the story of Carthage jail to those who come to hear it.
About 4:00 I took a tour of three adults and nine children under 9 yrs old. They were pretty good and asked questions and mostly didn't touch stuff. It took my teaching skills to keep their attention. Just as we were ending, a group of five ran up to me outside the jail and begged--with only five minutes until we closed--to see the jail. They were from Utah, and this was their only chance. So I said sure, and walked and talked fast, and they were grateful, and we ended on time.
I thought this was so funny that these were our leaders on our walk.
One sign along the Trail of Hope...........

No comments:

Post a Comment