Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Mouse About the House

This is the display of cookies prepared by the sisters for the Ludwig daughter's wedding reception, held at the mission home. The ones I made are back there somewhere. Friday, Oct 15, Nathan's birthday!
Greg went to the barn in the morning in his spare time, while I kept busy at home. By the time I got to Tickets and Tours at 11:30, all the ride tickets were gone, and we ended up giving out all the tickets to both shows of Rendezvous. The weather is so good, everyone thinks it is summer.
It was a busy day, and then our cast did the two shows.

Sunday, Oct. 17,
Greg went to a 7:00 a.m. practice because they sang in Sacrament meeting "Brightly Beams". It sounded really good. Elders: Guymon, Taylor, Anderson, Reber.
We have combined meeting now after Sacrament meeting, kind of Sunday School, Relief Society, and Priesthood all in one.
Greg and I served at the Bakery, and he had never done that before, but since it is a busy place, he got good at giving the tours.
Our Sociable in the evening was a DVD, "The Lifetime Work of an Amateur Artist: Boyd K. Packer" and it was interesting. I had seen some of his work, but this was comprehensive.

Tuesday, Oct. 19,
Sister Hall and I were cleaning at the Seventies Hall, when I went upstairs in the bathroom to get the windex and paper towels. This is what I found!
Yes, it was alive. We called NRI, but while we were waiting there was another mouse running around downstairs. By the time they came, both were out of sight. But the nice man brought us two boxes of DCon.
One of my tours was for nine people, five of whom were teen-age boys. While they were in the library, they spotted the mouse and were trying to catch it for us. No luck. Good thing we only had three hours here, and then we left and went to Sarah Granger Kimball's for the next three hours. No mice in sight there.

1 comment:

  1. "that's silly that there's a mouse in the house" -avery

    ReplyDelete