Labor Day Weekend is the Grape Festival in the town of Nauvoo. Thousands of people come and there are tons of activities, an auction, dances, car show, 5 K, vendors, carnival, and more. The edge of the festivities were right in back of our house. We heard late night music, and had people parking in front of our house. We have July with Pageant and thousands of people, I guess it is all right if they do it for three days.
Pres. Ludwig gave a great talk about charity. He also said that Nauvoo will have 104 missionaries this winter as opposed to 150 last year. The three casts of Rendezvous will be divided into two casts beginning October 11. This is a new and pioneering effort.
Monday, Sept. 6,
We began as site leaders for the Seventies Hall, with Dicksons as assistant site leaders. We conduct the preparation meetings, and take care of the hall, but our biggest job coming up is the October farewell breakfast with 63 people leaving.
I served at Family Living, and is wasn't too busy, so I cut old clothes into three inch strips for rugs, worked on the loom, and gave demos for candle making,
spinning and weaving, and bread-making. Sept. 7,
I served in Tickets and Tours, and a couple came in for tickets. They had heavy German accents, and wanted a wagon ride, but when asked, they admitted they "liked to speak German, better than English". And it just so happened that I had found out yesterday, serving with S. Geilmann, that she speaks German! So today, it "so happened" that I knew someone who could come and speak with these lovely people. I called her and she came and went on the wagon ride with them, translating and answering questions. She was thrilled, I was happy, and so were they.
Sept. 8,
I served in the sewing room, and that is very nice and peaceful for a change. It just seems like going home almost. I made two day-caps, an apron, hemmed, and mended dresses.


hmmmm, why the cut-back in missionaries and shows?
ReplyDeleteI like your hair. You look younger
ReplyDelete