I served with Sister Geilman in the bakery today, and she shared this thought:
Hyrum was a great counselor to Joseph, and would say to him often, "Go and inquire of the Lord". See Ether 1:38 for a comparison of Jared and his brother.
See the original Nauvoo Temple plate, commissioned by Lucius Scovil while on his mission to England. There were 150 dozen made, but only about 20 are known to exist at this time.

We only had one show of Rendezvous tonight. That is like a little break, an hour off.
This is a picture of a spice container that was found in the basement of the house where we are living, the Simeon Dunn home. It is from the 1700's, and was probably brought from England. It now lives in the bakery.
This a dough scale. A loaf of bread cost two cents, so they weighed the dough to make sure you got your "two-cents worth".
May 21, Friday,I played the piano at Prep meeting today for the first time, but will be on the schedule for next month, Sister Steadman says.
I spent seven hours in the sewing room today, which is fun for a change, but a lot of work!
May 22, Saturday,
I served with Sister Nelsen in the Family Living Center today, and she is wonderful. I love her kind and gentle spirit. I spent some time on the loom, showing how to make a shawl. I also taught a new batch of sisters about the shape-cut ruler for cutting rag rug strips. They are amazed! (for the second time). I should get a commission.

I played in Sunset rehearsal tonight, a little better, but in the middle of hoe-down, the old keyboard took it upon itself to do weird things: it sounded awful. They had to stop the number, and took a few minutes to fix it, and start over.
**Never trade luck for skill. A saying of Elder Jeppeson. They took us to a great breakfast buffet this morning as it was the only time we could get together. They said it was payback for all we do for them, (ha). We take them to church every Sunday, let them use our washer and dryer when theirs was flooded out, and a few other incidentals. He tells lots of great stories from around the world, as a Marine and a truck-driver. She is very smart and easy-going. Fun people to be with.


No comments:
Post a Comment